- 450g Firm Tofu sliced into your fav shape
- ½ small to medium onion sliced into half rings
- ½-1 cup fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can of diced tomatoes or 4-6 chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or basil, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tsp coconut sugar
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 5-6 cloves tablespoons minced garlic
- Cut tofu into large pieces you choose and place in a baking tray
- shake together in a jar the balsamic vinegar, sugar, garlic, olive oil, salt, chopped rosemary leaves, dried oregano
- Pour the seasoning over the tofu and rub it all over the tofu.
- Arrange the tomatoes and red onion around the in the dish and marinate for 30 mins to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 220°C | 430°F.
- Pour the diced tomato’s over the marinated tofu and spread evenly. It will all mix in while it bakes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (depending on the thickness of your tofu or how crispy you want it).
- Sprinkle with cheese and grill for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve with rice or pasta drizzled with the pan juices.