Production Supervisor – Dromana
We are looking for our next Production Supervisor to become part of The Vegan Dairy family!
Working Hours: Tuesday to Friday, 7am – 4pm (yes we have a 3-day weekend!)
Working Location: Dromana, VIC
Commencement Date: Ideally around 18th August 2022, however can be somewhat flexible for the right person
You will be a perfectionist and a go-getter, confident both managing people and tasks as well as ensuring production related duties set out by the Production Manager are achieved in a timely and efficient manner to the highest quality standards. You will be comfortable working on your feet, and in a fast-paced and upbeat working environment, supporting each other in this small family-feeling team.
Production or manufacturing experience is beneficial, though not absolutely essential. The right person for this position will be valued more for their working attitude, drive to learn, grow and succeed, and loyalty to the team, the business, and the plant based food world. On the job training would be provided to get you where you need to be if you lack the manufacturing experience that could be helpful in this position. Previous management experience, overseeing and / or training other staff, would be beneficial.
You will be driven and motivated; posesses excellent communication, time management, and organisational skills; have a keen attention to detail; be analytical and always trying to ‘improve’; able to work well under pressure; and a supportive and motivational ‘team player’ able to successfully manage and lead other staff members. You will also be looking for a long term position or career where you can really make your mark and grow with, and within, our business. Exciting future opportunities are available for the right person as we grow together!
CORE TASKS INCLUDE:
- Production and packing of The Vegan Dairy range of products
- Maintain and improve efficiency of daily tasks
- Maintain high standard of product quality (both taste and visual)
- Carry out packing and organising of orders to be dispatched including ensuring software and systems are updated correctly and thoroughly
- Staff training and supervision in production tasks to ensure quality standards, efficiency, and production objectives set by Production Manager are met
- Working with staff to get the best out of each different individual
- Cleaning, maintenance, and organisation of working and common areas, and equipment
- Assist, as required by the Production Manager, in tasks surrounding stock keeping, ordering, management of products
- In depth knowledge of the day-to-day work done by employees that are being overseen
- Waste assessment and reduction
- Report staff performance, fulfilment of production objectives, and all other production related issues, mistakes, and / or achievements to the Production Manager on a regular basis
- Attendance of regular meetings with team / Directors
- Willingness and ability to ‘jump in’ to tasks that may not be your ‘core role’ when necessary (i.e. other staff are absent, other problems need solving, etc..)
BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE (THOUGH NOT ALL ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL):
- Food Safety practices
- Health & Safety practices
- HACCP practices
- Production line work
- Training and assessment of other staff
- Motivation and leadership of other staff
- Awareness and involvement in quality control
- Working towards achieving objectives / goals / targets
As we are a small team currently, and still hope to grow a lot in this wonderful plant based industry, there will be opportunities for this role to grow into something more for the right person. To apply please email us at email@example.com. Please include your resume / CV, as well as a brief note or letter letting us know why you would love to fill this role, why you would love to work with our business, and why you feel you are perfect for this role. We will be in touch within 1-2 business days 🙂 We look forward to hearing from you!
CLICK HERE to apply!